To help our clients, friends and colleagues fulfill their financial goals, through our business, tax, and wealth management expertise.
We help you and your organization achieve your goals by providing proactive advice which allows you to maximize your opportunities, minimize risk, and unlock your full potential to succeed!
Utilizing our professional team of business experts, our network of strategic partners, and the latest information technology, we are able to provide you with the best resources available at the lowest reasonable cost, and provide responsive solutions to resolve your business, financial and tax challenges.
From individual income tax return preparation, to evaluating your pension plan portfolio, or reviewing your stock option plans, our team of tax and accounting professionals are able to resolve the most complex issues.
Our team has over 100 combined years of experience in working with thousands of individuals and businesses to help them to fulfill their financial and business goals.
We offer our individual clients the following comprehensive services
- Complete overall financial and tax physical
- Review of your personal financial statement
- Review of pension, 401K and retirement assets
- Income tax return review
- To ensure you are maximizing your deductions
- Minimizing your federal and state tax liability
- Year-end planning for tax savings strategies
- Federal and State Individual Income tax preparation
- Using our Secure Sharefile Portal, transmit your documents electronically
- We use the latest Tax Organizer available on our website
- To ensure we identify all the proper deductions
- Sign your return using our secure RightSignature portal
- We will Efile your returns using our advanced IT infrastructure to ensure you receive your refund ASAP!
- Business return preparation
- From selecting the proper business entity
- To developing a plan to sell your business
- Registered QuickBooks professionals
- LLCs Corps, S Corps, and Trusts
- Year-end tax planning
- We perform a comprehensive review of your prior year returns
- We review your current year paystubs, broker statements
- We provide a detailed analysis of your current tax status
- We make proactive recommendations to save $$$.
- We are your DEDICATED Financial and Tax Resource
- We are available year round to answer all of your questions
- We don’t charge for phone calls
- Most questions are answered during your call
Your Team of Professionals
Charles P. Abod II, CPA
Senior Managing Partner
Charlie Abod is the Senior Managing Partner for Abod & Associates LLC. Mr. Abod established the firm in 1984, and has developed a rapidly growing accounting and tax practice with several qualified financial and accounting professionals. Serving his clients for over thirty years, Mr. Abod has been instrumental in assisting his clients in to achieve their financials goals which enabled sustained growth and high profitability.
Charlie has developed a substantial individual and business income tax and compliance practice. He reviews each client’s situation and works closely to coordinate a tax planning strategy specifically designed to the individual needs of each taxpayer. These plans work to minimize taxes through planning and careful review to maximize deductions.
Steve Pugliese, CPA, CFP, PFS
Steve Pugliese is a Senior Partner with Abod & Associates, LLC, and a the managing member of Wealth Management Strategies Group, LLC, a registered investment advisory firm located in Northern Virginia. Steve has been providing income tax planning and tax return preparation services consistently to individuals since 1986, starting his career with Ernst & Young, LLP. He was responsible for managing a federal tax specialty practice unit providing income tax return preparation and tax planning to wealthy families and high income corporate executives in the Washington/Baltimore corridor for a Big 4 International Accounting Firm before joining Abod & Associates, LLC as a partner in 2008.
Richard Roark, CPA CGMA
Richard Roark is a Partner with Abod & Associates LLC and a licensed CPA who began his career in the small business sector. He has held many positions including CFO and Controller throughout his professional career.
Documents needed to perform your customized financial physical (copies or PDF’s)
- Tax Documents
- 2015 (or 2014 if 2015 is unfiled) federal and state income tax returns;
- Latest pay stub(s);
- Latest Broker statement for Cap Gains, Dividends, Interest income
- Financial Documents
- amount of cash in savings accounts;
- current mutual fund and/or investment brokerage statements;
- current child savings statements including 529 plan statements;
- listing of consumer debt owed (auto and personal non-mortgage loans) outstanding;
- current life insurance policies;
- current employee benefit plan statements, including your retirement plan savings statements (both thrift savings plan and other 401(k) ).
- most recent social security statement – if you do not have, we can assist in obtaining;
- copies of any recent personal financial statements you have prepared for refinancing or mortgage applications.
- list of real estate owned with estimated fair market values and mortgages owed on such properties;
- Estate and Trust Documents
- copy of your wills and medical directives (if any);
- copies of any trusts which you have established, and any details on any trusts of which you are a beneficiary;
- Any other documents which you feel would be useful in our gaining an understanding of your complete financial health.